Create - Before & After - Reupolstering A Craigslist Chair

Thursday, November 7, 2013

I am so grateful to have been able to get a new computer for my birthday.  I have wanted/needed one for a year and a half and we finally decided to bite the bullet - editing on my laptop was getting really annoying and slow.  When we finally got the computer, I realized I wanted to have a nice desk and chair to go with it and be comfortable. When I was on my laptop I used to sit on the couch and so I wanted a chair that would be cushy but stylish. 

I started scouring craigslist and thrift stores for a nice chair that I could maybe makeover if I had to.  I found this awesome chair on Tuesday and it was in fantastic condition and at $50, it was a steal.  Yesterday I purchased fabric and supplies and spent the night and most of today reupholstering it.  I am ecstatic with how it turned out and I am excited to start editing in it! I love this sexy chair already and I know we'll use it for years!



I left on the old buttons for now... I kind of like the little bit of yellow on the chair, but I may redo them in the future. 

Normally I think you'd cover up the tacks but I actually ended up loving the more raw and rustic look of them exposed.  Trim would make it a bit too girly/fancy, I think. 
 I basically guess at everything when I'm doing these projects and my 2 yards of fabric was just barely enough to do everything but the underside of the cushion. So I used another fabric I had on hand and I like that there's a hidden pop of fun underneath.  


I love love love this chair.  The fabric is a subtle herringbone in grey and you'll have to ignore that the cushion looks baggy in the after photo, I've since stuffed it more.  I love this comfy sexy chair. :)

1 comment :

KelliSue Kolz said...

That chair looks really sharp!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |